Discovery Sport Forum banner

iPhone keeps dropping calls

3K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  DiscoDisco 
#1 ·
Whilst using Bluetooth the Bluetooth cant hold calls for more than a minute or so its so infuriating even when the signal says I have full strength.
It's not the phone or signal because when i had to take the Discovery sport back for a couple of weeks for them to sort a traction problem they gave me a Jag as a courtesy car and i never had any problems. Also in other cars when i am a passenger i have no problems with signal. Anybody got same problem

#3 ·
Same here, the Bluetooth works well - my Discovery can select from 3 different phones and they all pair up fine.

Since you say the signal is strong from the cell tower, maybe the issue is your cell phone drops signals due to crossing towers as you move, accessing multiple towers at once like in high altitudes, or even a flood of calls thru one tower causing your call to be dropped.

Try using your phone to stream music to the Discovery for many hours - that will test the integrity of the Bluetooth signal from phone to car.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.