User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 10 Old 03-20-2017, 10:07 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Front Wind Shield Replacement

What is the worst, a rock chip..... It was right smack in the middle of the windshield. I have tried in the past doing the chip repair and it really did not do much of anything, the chip was still visible on may SC60.

Now P and my deductible, to have it replaced was 250.00 so I opted the replacement.

I tried to tell P that I wanted to have the dealer do it because of the heated windshield and the HUD and drivers asst pack that is mounted behind the mirror.

They said that they would not cover the dealers labor. OK then..... The total bill came to $1475.00 (labor was 175.00) and I paid 250.00 for it, my deductible.

Question, for P, what if something goes wrong with the components after the install and it doesn't work, answer, take it to the dealer and they would pay for the repairs as needed. That was even given to me in writing by Safelite. The guy who replaced the windshield did a good job took about 2 hours except the missque.

So the installer broke the HUD, Driver Assist module, cost of part 1040.00. Don't know the labor yet.

My Sport has been in the shop of 3 days now and still not finished. They replaced the module and now some of the wiring has to be ordered/replace. I don't know what the final tally will be or if this will be covered under the warranty, if not poor P, is going to be SOL.

2016 Discovery Sport Santorini Black Metallic, HSE Package, HUD and Park Assist Pack, Climate Control Pack, 18" Inch Black Design Pack, Audio Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Plus Pack, Protection Pack
post #2 of 10 Old 03-21-2017, 12:02 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
And we wonder why premiums are so high.....the cost of all this gee whiz technology.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!
post #3 of 10 Old 03-21-2017, 09:13 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Garage
That's been a worry for me. I don't have HUD, but do have the heated windshield. Worried about replacement

2016 Disco Sport HSE, Corris Grey/Black Pack, Driver Assist Plus, Vision Assist, Climate Comfort, Protection Pack, 3rd row 5+2, Gloss Black Roof Rails

post #4 of 10 Old 03-21-2017, 10:16 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
On thing for sure, once my warranty expires getting a new vehicle.

2016 Discovery Sport Santorini Black Metallic, HSE Package, HUD and Park Assist Pack, Climate Control Pack, 18" Inch Black Design Pack, Audio Upgrade Pack, Driver Assist Plus Pack, Protection Pack
post #5 of 10 Old 03-23-2017, 12:46 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here is the latest, been in the shop for 6 days now:

From LR Service:" We are having difficulty programming the IPMA computer that we had on order for you. It will not program in with the vehicle. We are uncertain why still. My shop foreman has put in a Technical Assistance (TA case) with our regional engineering department. We know that the computer will fix the issue why you brought it in, but we are not certain why it is not programming. At this time, we are waiting to hear back from our engineers. I will keep you posted. "

All this may have been avoidable if P (my Insurance Co) would have just let LR replace the windshield!!

post #6 of 10 Old 03-23-2017, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rimrock View Post

All this may have been avoidable if P (my Insurance Co) would have just let LR replace the windshield!!
Lesson learned!

Sorry with the hassle of Safelite doing the replacement.

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 10 Old 03-23-2017, 04:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I'm sorry to hear that things doesn's work smooth for you but do not be sure that if LR was handling it to begin with, it was much different.... From my experience a few weeks back, I brought my DS to the dealer to do the recalls and software updates - A "simple" Set of tasks that they were very familiar with at the beginning of the process (That was their initial statement when I asked how much time it should take).
I ended up driving a loaner for 2.5 weeks just because one update (The Battery module one) failed and caused the whole car network to go dark - Declaring the car as a dead body until the folks from England got called to save the day and advised the dealer to replace the complete module.
Unfortunately, from reading many posts about LR service knowledge and work, it seems like every day they are facing "first-time issue" that they do not know how to handle themselves.
post #8 of 10 Old 03-23-2017, 06:54 PM

Quoted: 94 Post(s)
Well this model is brand new and the service techs are not experienced with it....

I worried about that when I got the 2015 manufactured (first year DS).
Mine too was in the shop for 3 weeks for a list of recalls and complaints....

Takes time to get to train and face experiences for the service folks.

Reminds me when BMW sold their glitchy, wiring nightmare cars in the 1990s and now they have become so well experienced with customer complaints that now they are standard which other manufacturers are measured against....

Let's give them a break and allow all of us learn in partnership...

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 10 Old 03-23-2017, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
All I can say I that things were working fine until the wind shield was replaced.....

post #10 of 10 Old 03-27-2017, 12:08 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Here is the latest email. Car still in the shop, week 2.

"No. At this point we are uncertain as to when it will be finished. We first need to find out why it's not programming, and the conversations with TA sometimes could take days as the information gathered and requested by TA will need to be assessed by the TA case handler and the tech may be asked to conduct a series of tests on the vehicle. Information again gathered and analyzed until a solution is found. I will keep you posted of the progress"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page