User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 34 Old 01-06-2016, 08:01 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 53 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
Xenon headlights

So I went with the lower model Disco for many reasons and love it. It had some features installed, but no xenon headlights. Does anyone know if I can add them on or is it only an option at the build of the vehicle?
post #2 of 34 Old 01-08-2016, 02:32 PM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Xenon lighting is a totally different set of lamps.

It's not a simple matter of changing bulbs like your haloges as the Xenons use a high voltage gaseous ignition to cause the lighting.

You may be able to find in the near future a wrecked or totalled DS from a junk yard and pull off the entire housings and replace them but that still leaves the electronics and how they are wired - they may have ballasts, high voltage wiring, and DC-DC converters...

Might be too expensive to have your DS retrofitted.....

I know, I have had Xenons for the past 15 years on all my BMWs - can't live without them now that I have seen a difference....

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 34 Old 01-09-2016, 10:33 AM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
Thanks. I wish I had them... But the car is still awesome.

post #4 of 34 Old 01-09-2016, 06:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
You can find them on ebay used and new for around $450 each. Often sold from outside the U.S.
post #5 of 34 Old 01-09-2016, 07:14 PM Thread Starter

(Thread Starter)
But would they be plug and play or need a new system installed?
post #6 of 34 Old 01-09-2016, 08:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
It would be nice to find an installation video on YouTube or something.
post #7 of 34 Old 01-10-2016, 12:23 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
You can probably find them and convert them, if not now then soon, but you need to make sure you have all the power power conversion components, etc. I've never done a Xenon conversion but I know there's specifics you'll need as I've never seen it as a plug and play. I don't think you can even do a HID conversion as a plug and play properly unless you have the other power conversion parts? You'll just have to do the research.

I've got the Xenons and I had a service loaner for a bit that had the standard lights and wow......not good.

You might just consider upgrading your bulbs to the best you can find. I have upgraded some of my past vehicles to Silverstar bulbs and it was a big improvement. There's probably been some more advances in bulbs since then.

Good luck.

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!
post #8 of 34 Old 01-10-2016, 12:27 PM

Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4sallypat View Post
Xenon lighting is a totally different set of lamps.

It's not a simple matter of changing bulbs like your haloges as the Xenons use a high voltage gaseous ignition to cause the lighting.

You may be able to find in the near future a wrecked or totalled DS from a junk yard and pull off the entire housings and replace them but that still leaves the electronics and how they are wired - they may have ballasts, high voltage wiring, and DC-DC converters...

Might be too expensive to have your DS retrofitted.....

I know, I have had Xenons for the past 15 years on all my BMWs - can't live without them now that I have seen a difference....
Yeah these Xenons rock. I've had a few trucks with HID projector headlights and they were OK, but these are just awesome. Even better with the adaptive feature.
I've never sampled LEDs though.
I wonder how well the new laser light setup will be? The new big Disco is supposed to have it. BMW already does.

http://news.discovery.com/autos/driv...hts-140211.htm

Disco Disco!!
Good Good!!
post #9 of 34 Old 01-10-2016, 01:03 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
The user manual on changing out the bulbs is a big pain in the ass, you have to take out the whole light and grill. At least if its just a plug and play switch then you're 99% of the way there haha
post #10 of 34 Old 01-11-2016, 10:53 AM

Quoted: 99 Post(s)
The best way is to change out the entire housing to an HSE or HSE Lux Xenon group but will probably require coding to change over the lights from halogen to Xenon and the LED DRL lighting is totally different from the halogen DRL.

2016 DS HSE - 5+2 3rd Row, Climate Comfort, Driver Assistance +, Audio Upgrade, Gloss Black Roof Rails
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Land Rover Discovery Sport Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page